Kindness - What is one act of kindness you performed today?
While voting I noticed that there were instructions taped to the voting booth, but they didn't align with the ballot I was filling out. After a brief panic that I'd forgotten to select my party, I realized that it must be from a previous election. I spoke to a voting official, clarified that I had indeed voted properly, and then led her to check all the booths to make sure nobody else was confused.
Mind/Body - Did you meditate or exercise today?
Both. I journaled after I woke up (which is about as close to meditation as I come) and I lifted weights, focusing on legs and core. Oh, and handstands, I worked on doing handstands.
Three Gratitudes - What are three unique things you are grateful for today?
1) As someone who generally fears being alone, I've found myself very comfortable in (and often preferring) my solitude.
2) I'm at a point where my workload feels very light but I"m still doing important work.
3) That I took the time to have a quiet breakfast at home. It got centered and it set the tone for an all around pleasant day.
Positive Journaling - Write about one positive experience you had today.
Today I had a meeting with a man I've labeled my nemesis, and I spent a good amount of time calling out the things he's doing well on the project. I'm starting to believe that our mutual hatred of each other is self-perpetuating, so I'm hoping this will break the cycle.
No comments:
Post a Comment