Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Bill - November 7


Kindness - What is one act of kindness you performed today?
I typically eat breakfast with a colleague each morning who I knew would be unhappy with the results of the election.  We did not discuss the election much, but she was obviously upset.  Another colleague had planned to indicate that the result must have been a part of God's plan - a pretty obvious personal cut at the first colleague's political views and faith.  Knowing the colleague was already feeling sensitive, I made sure to address the situation before they had any interaction.  There was palpable tension in our room all morning, but everyone has kept their cool and this afternoon is looking much better.

Mind/Body - Did you meditate or exercise today?
Not yet - although I am sitting indian-style at my desk.  My body has been craving exercise - this week is 3 7-630 days...too long to be stationary.

Three Gratitudes - What are three unique things you are grateful for today?
1) Being able to sit indian-style
2) It looks like I may have options as to my next professional move
3) That I have people in my life that are interested in and open about the mind/body experience

Positive Journaling - Write about one positive experience you had today. 

Yesterday over lunch, there was a lot of political/economy talk.  Somehow we ventured into capitalism and corporations.  I don't bring up being a smile-ist often, but this was an appropriate time.  I simply said, "I'm not a capitalist - I'm a smile-ist.  It's the same idea as competition driving the market except you measure by personal fulfillment/content rather than by money."  Of course, the initial response was skeptical laughter; however, by the time we returned to the office, two colleagues genuinely appreciated and valued the idea.  What was nice today was that somebody brought it up on their own saying, "Smile-ist - I think I'll always remember that."  

No comments:

Post a Comment