Thursday, November 8, 2012

Jill - Nov 7, 2012

Kindness - What is one act of kindness you performed today?
I set up an impromptu yoga class in my living room for Wednesday night ... and by impromptu, I mean I created a Facebook event two hours before it was to start. Didn't work out for anyone to attend but I like the energy I had swirling around when thinking of the idea and putting it out there to people.

Mind/Body - Did you meditate or exercise today?
Yes, I did yoga and meditate this evening for an hour and a half. After yesterday's election results, I'd been feeling like my head wasn't connected to my body or my feet to the ground. Sheba helped me meditate; I did a standing poses to feel grounded and a headstand prep pose to feel more of a piece.

Three Gratitudes - What are three unique things you are grateful for today?
1) Barack Obama.
2) Temperature controlled indoor office. Easy to take for granted but I think of all the people who work outside and I'm damn lucky to be a first-world office worker.
3) Windless lake with dark colored ducks on my ride home from work.

Positive Journaling - Write about one positive experience you had today.
At Madison Sourdough, the smooth-faced guy with long dreads and warming smile was working. Such a pleasant exchange to just order breakfast. Beautiful omelette with just enough cheese, lightly vinegared salad, airy and crusty bread slices. I had enough to take with me to work, and at lunch, I had the same meal. I sat myself in a small conference room, read the last chapter in a yoga book and enjoyed my breakfast again.

No comments:

Post a Comment