Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Jill - Nov 6, 2012

Kindness - What is one act of kindness you performed today? 
I offered to drive someone to hockey on Sunday.

Mind/Body - Did you meditate or exercise today? 
Not yet, but I rode my bike to my polling place and to work. Later tonight, I'll dance with the Greasy Gears.

Three Gratitudes - What are three unique things you are grateful for today?
1) I  live in a country that has lots of organized, accessible polling places with short lines.
2) Clothes warm enough for Wisconsin during late fall. Brrrr, cold out there.
3) The bold, pink sunrise this morning over the lake.

Positive Journaling - Write about one positive experience you had today.
Voting. I rode my bike two short blocks to my new polling location: the Wil-Mar Community Center. Even before 7am, there were about 40 people in line ... mostly 30-somethings, white-somethings. Saw a couple friends who also live in the neighborhood and we hugged and exchanged Eeeee's! about what today's results will mean. 
I'd not been inside the community center before but the vibe is well,  community-like. Wil-Mar is having their 25th(!) annual pie sale fundraiser for Thanksgiving -- Louisiana Sweet Potato Pecan or Sour Cream Apple. There were flyers about the socialist women's potluck and movement through martial arts. They offer after-school care and Tuesdays find the center full of produce with the East Side Farmer's Market.
Small community gathering place for big community feel. Go Wil-Mar Center!

No comments:

Post a Comment