Kindness - What
is one act of kindness you performed today?
There was a 3-4 year old sitting behind me on my flight this evening. He was pretty talkative and cute for most of the trip. He was also very antsy for the second half of the trip and kicked my seat a lot. I was thinking about saying something, but then thought, “Oh, let him have some fun.” Best part, as we were waiting to deplane, the kid shoved/smashed his face between the wall and my seat and said, “Hello.” I gave a quick little wave, and then he disappeared.
Mind/Body - Did you meditate or exercise today?
On the first part of my flight today, I did some centering breathing. Also, anytime I’m looking out the window of an airplane I also feel meditative – it seems so surreal.
Three Gratitudes - What are three unique things you are grateful for today?
1. To be home
2. Vegan chocolate cookies
3. Having made some very good friendships on this assignment
Positive Journaling - Write about one positive experience you had today.
I’m feeling positive about the way I responded to a post on Facebook today. I’m also conscious of trying not to be too proud. The original post came from an old boss of mine that, to me, epitomizes the republican business owner. (I was going to include what that means to me – but it’s not positive so there’s no need for that.)
There was a 3-4 year old sitting behind me on my flight this evening. He was pretty talkative and cute for most of the trip. He was also very antsy for the second half of the trip and kicked my seat a lot. I was thinking about saying something, but then thought, “Oh, let him have some fun.” Best part, as we were waiting to deplane, the kid shoved/smashed his face between the wall and my seat and said, “Hello.” I gave a quick little wave, and then he disappeared.
Mind/Body - Did you meditate or exercise today?
On the first part of my flight today, I did some centering breathing. Also, anytime I’m looking out the window of an airplane I also feel meditative – it seems so surreal.
Three Gratitudes - What are three unique things you are grateful for today?
1. To be home
2. Vegan chocolate cookies
3. Having made some very good friendships on this assignment
Positive Journaling - Write about one positive experience you had today.
I’m feeling positive about the way I responded to a post on Facebook today. I’m also conscious of trying not to be too proud. The original post came from an old boss of mine that, to me, epitomizes the republican business owner. (I was going to include what that means to me – but it’s not positive so there’s no need for that.)
The Post: Interesting
story....I hope this doesn't become the new normal.
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas-employer-obama-won-so-i-fired-22-employees/
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas-employer-obama-won-so-i-fired-22-employees/
My Response: Interesting
read indeed. I agree with the ‘message’ this guy has: elections have
consequences. There’s a single consequence/threat that he’s chosen to
highlight. He’s made that choice. His personal decision is to protect his nest
egg. I wonder how many of his employees can even think about a nest egg.
There’s an old idea out there about caring about your neighbors. It’s not a
terribly popular idea right now, and it is often looked down upon in the name
of business. But it’s only a paradigm shift away from coming back. Paradigm
shifts aren't that tough. I think we just saw one. Billions of dollars ‘wasted’
on a failed campaign.
I’ve anticipated that there would be some kind of follow-up
from the original poster or somebody else…but nothing else has been said. Maybe it doesn’t merit a response. Maybe it’s too difficult to respond to
without looking like you don’t care about others. Maybe it’s just too crazy. Either way, it was a very positive experience
for me to write that response. It made
me want to start a separate blog again.
No comments:
Post a Comment